The Reading List: Anthony Kim is still alive
Every week, golf writers produce quality pieces that deserve attention. The Reading List will attempt to grab the best content and put them together in one place for easy access. Here’s the best of the last few days.
- Someone finally (kinda) tracked down Anthony Kim! Great work by Alan Shipnuck of Sports Illustrated on what could potentially be holding Kim back from re-joining the PGA Tour.
- I tackled this earlier as well, but Shane Ryan does it much better than me: How To Create A Boring Golfer (And Destroy Rory McIlroy).
- Tom Callahan for Golf Digest on Tom Watson as he gets ready to captain Team USA at the Ryder Cup.
- David Leadbetter talks with GolfMagic about what Tiger needs to do going forward: “I don’t think Tiger needs someone coming in there and saying ‘okay well listen we need to reinvent the wheel here’ because he’s too great a player for that.”
- Vintage read: The Last Bastion of Elegance, Alfred Wright for Sports Illustrated in 1968. “On the South Shore of Long Island three old and conservative golf clubs—Shinnecock Hills, the National Golf Links of America and the Maidstone Club—fight to save traditions of the game long since abandoned in many areas.”