2017 Year In Review: 40-31
Posted on December 26, 2017 Leave a Comment
Previous posts: 100-91 – 90-81 – 80-71 – 70-61 – 60-51 – 50-41
2017 Year In Review: 50-41
Posted on December 24, 2017 Leave a Comment
Previous posts: 100-91 – 90-81 – 80-71 – 70-61 – 60-51
2017 Year In Review: 60-51
Posted on December 22, 2017 Leave a Comment
Previous posts: 100-91 – 90-81 – 80-71 – 70-61
2017 Year In Review: 70-61
Posted on December 20, 2017 Leave a Comment
Previous posts: 100-91 – 90-81 – 80-71
2017 Year In Review: 80-71
Posted on December 18, 2017 Leave a Comment
Previous posts: 100-91 – 90-81
2017 Year In Review: 100-91
Posted on December 13, 2017 2 Comments
2017 was a fun year for golf fans. Just take a quick look at some of the things that happened over the last twelve months:
- The youth movement continued, as players like Justin Thomas and Jon Rahm emerged as two of the best players in the world
- We had drama in pretty much every major championship, men’s and women’s, and it produced great moments and deserving champions
- Phil Mickelson continued to do Phil Mickelson stuff
- Tiger’s latest comeback looks like it could actually last
- And as usual, a bunch of weird shit just happened that made the game fun and intriguing across the board
So, with that in mind, I’ve put together my annual year in review where I look at the top 100 stories of the year. Some are serious and some are absurd, but they cover every aspect of the game, from the tournaments to the equipment to the media, and everything in between. Now, I’m sure that you may take issue with some of my rankings, particularly as we get close to the end of the list and that’s fine! Feel free to leave any comments that you may have, or hit me up on Twitter with any feedback. I’ve looked at this from the perspective of what interested me the most over the last twelve months, and I think it’s in a pretty good spot, but I’m very interested to hear your thoughts as we head towards 2018.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at stories 100 through 91.
Posted on October 30, 2017 Leave a Comment
The mailbag took a one month hiatus, but it’s back! As always, continue sending your questions to me on Twitter or to my email: email@example.com
Slowing down on the call for American dominance
Posted on October 4, 2017 Leave a Comment
Once it became obvious that the 2017 Presidents Cup was going to be a rout in favour of the United States, the conversation shifted from the event to talk about how good the American side was, both in current and historic terms. Below is just a sample of some of the questions being asked online in the aftermath of the event.
Match play records for all 24 players in the 2017 Presidents Cup
Posted on September 25, 2017 6 Comments
Below, you’ll see records for all twenty-four players competing this week at the 2017 Presidents Cup. I’ve split out the records into five categories:
- Presidents Cup Singles: How each player has fared in the Sunday singles at the Presidents Cup
- Presidents Cup Team: Records for each player in both the fourball and foursome format at the Presidents Cup
- Overall Singles: Records across all competitions in singles play (ie. WGC-Match Play, Volvo Match Play, etc.)
- Overall Team: Fourball, foursome and greensome records in all team competitions
- Overall Match Play Record: Everything combined into one overall record.
As always, you can click on each player’s name to get a full record with exact details on the matches, and if you have any questions/spot any errors, let me know.